Friday, March 9, 2012

Difficult Things Are Not Difficult Anymore...

“Pregnancy is a journey. At the end a woman gives birth not only to a baby, but also to her own identity as a mother.” — Gayle Peterson.

Nowadays, being a Mother takes great expectations and responsibilities. It does not mean that the mere fact you have conceived, earns you the title to be called, "Mother". Just like respect, you need to earn it. As I am going through this journey, I have come to realize how difficult it was for my mama to raise all six children. I am the eldest and a witness to all the hardships and sacrifices she endured for us to survive competently in this world. I actually grew up closer to my papa and arguing most of the time with mama. We have opposite taste in style, fashion, people, food, decision makings and on a lot of things. But definitely, as one grows older, stronger, lessons have been learned, the only person in the world who  helped me to stand up was not the people that I expected to be there but my mama. She was right, you can never understand why, until you have become yourself a mother.


I have been continuously reminding my younger siblings on how important respect is. Especially when it comes to my parents. Mama usually has this attitude of being funny most of the time, making mistakes - funny ones, she have tried reaching out to my younger siblings which was far different when I was younger. I have both parents being strict and discipline was expected at all times. Reality is, we were so precious to them and they wanted us to be stronger people in this kind of society. So that when the time comes that they are no longer there to back us up, we can be strong enough to stand on our feet and nobody can pull us down as we have a great foundation.


Since Eric is not around, I have my mama and papa to me give support - emotionally, physically, but not financially. I never ask for money. I knew that I am an adult, who earns my own money and it is important to be financially independent. I go to work by having parents drop my by to Eastwood, Libis everyday. I appreciate everything - how they value this pregnancy, their first grandchild. They attend to my cravings, such as cooking the viand that I want for lunch and dinner. I even cooked Carbonara for the first time last Sunday afternoon and everyone at home ate and gave great compliments just to make me happy. I have never felt closer to my family until this time. 

I thank them for everything. I may not be the ideal eldest daughter that they have but they continuously support all my decisions and guide me towards a good path during this difficult journey. I am blessed, and if all women who are currently experiencing the same journey towards motherhood, having all the support makes it easier, worthwhile and memorable. 

Waiting for the new member of the family is a fulfilling experience especially if you knew that the whole family is expecting.


Here is my most recent ultrasound. Now at 13 weeks and 4 days. My sister, Hannah scanned this for me. Dr. Bascara advised 7 days of bed rest with Isoxilan (3x a day for 40 days) to prevent uterine contractions - which was really painful especially at work. I came back and she requested for another ultrasound to check the baby's health and my cervix.


I may not be the perfect daughter in the world, but I will strive to be a good mother to my child. Cheers to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment