Thursday, March 8, 2012

My First Trimester of Pain

I was looking for a good doctor. I told myself, I don't want to an elderly doctor, I mean I want a doctor who's quite younger than my mom. I want to be more open to what and how I feel, my fears, my thinking and ideas. My mom suggested to consult her Obstetrician, Dr. Bascara. She was my mom's doctor when she gave birth to Harold, my younger brother last 1989. At that time, she was earning her residency at San Juan De Dios Hospital. I attended college at San Juan de Dios as well, and I know that they have great doctors.

I went there with my mom. Her office is at Room 13, Doctor's Offices, Second Floor. Her schedule was almost everyday but I chose 9am to 12 noon since I am still working on a night shift. She's a tall woman, late early 40's (I think), very friendly and make you comfortable at all times. Before she does any procedure, she will tell you what it is, why is there a need to do that - to set your expectations and will educate you on a lot of things. She is personally taking care of her patients. That is how I feel even on my first appointment. She definitely knows how you feel but she also knows how to listen to you. So I expressed how I hated having nausea, head ache, lower abdominal pain (which was not normal), good thing I do not vomit. She understand how precious my pregnancy is and doing everything to take care of my and the baby. Her professional fee for consultations is 400 pesos.

Since it was the first appointment, and Internal Examination was needed so she can check your cervix and ultrasound to have a good estimate of the age of gestation (AOG) of the baby and the expected date of delivery (EDD). Cost of laboratory procedures are more costly since I am availing of private consultations. I had to do some laboratory work-ups such as test for glucose as diabetes runs in the family, CBC and urinalysis.
So here is my baby's ultrasound. AOG was 11 weeks and 2 days, my EDD will be on September 8, 2012. I was asked to comeback a week after.

Eric is currently in Abu Dhabi so I needed to scan it and send it to his Facebook page. He was so happy to see it. We are looking forward to a healthier pregnancy this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment