Thursday, March 8, 2012

And Here We Go Again...

The start of 2012 was great. I am in a relationship for 9 years now. Eric was just waiting for a call from the agency for his departure to Abu Dhabi. He had a great opportunity to work there for 2 years for a food and beverage company. At the same time, I was just promoted as a Learning Instructor Supervisor (Training Supervisor from being a Trainer) for the company that I am currently working for almost 2 years. I was thinking, this is a good way to start the year - lots of opportunities to grow and to earn money. Besides, both of us are not getting any younger, and I was waiting for us to have some plans in taking a more advance step regarding the status of our relationship. You know, nowadays, as women, it's difficult to start a conversation about settling down in the near future with our partners. I don't want to sound too attached not hurrying to tie the knot, but sometimes, you feel like you don't want to wait anymore. (I hope some of you can relate somehow.)

Eric was kidding around most of the time that he will be leaving me pregnant - so that I wouldn't have the time to go out with friends and have some beer on Saturdays, as that was how I usually spend weekends. I was thinking, no way! I have a poor OB history, I had a miscarriage last 2003 - 7 weeks pregnant, then on 2005, I had a premature labor and my baby girl, Mikee, died on the same day. Doctors stated that her lungs weren't fully developed for her to survive, Eric and I went crazy for months, being depressed. I spent the first month visiting the cemetery everyday. She should be turning 7 years now... We need to cope with that downfall and finally, I was again, pregnant last 2007. We were happy until I bled. I had an ectopic pregnancy of 7 weeks so my right fallopian tube was removed and we again lost and angel. I never questioned God why, instead, I thanked him for keeping me alive. I knew that there was a reason, and His purpose. Eric and I are not religious, but we pray and believe in Him in our own little ways.

Days and months passed and we took care of each other. It was a Monday morning, I spent the weekends at Eric's house, (we're not living together, I still stay at my parents' house) I woke up not feeling well and noticed the calendar. I asked him to buy me a pregnancy kit test since I realized that I am a week delayed on my scheduled period. I am a Nursing Graduate. We practiced natural family planning method since day one. I have memorized my cycle but I was doubtful this time, and scared. It costs 70 pesos and I ran the test with having Eric step out of the room. As I was waiting for the lines to be cleared, I can hear my heart pounding as loud and as fast as I can ever imagine. Positive. Again. What am I going to do? I panicked but Eric came and was happy about everything. His plan of leaving me pregnant was a success. I am happy but scared. I hope everything will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment