Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thinking Baby Names


I am on my 23rd week of pregnancy and I never had a good night sleep so far. The back pains and severe headache especially with the kind of weather that we are having right now… I have been dreaming the wildest dreams, such as different animals – frogs, goldfishes, horses…

Recently, I have been browsing online looking for a nice name for my baby. It is our family tradition that the father should give the child’s name. For instance, my dad named me and my siblings with names starting with “H”, Lynn Holly, Hallette, Harold, Hannah, Phil Harvey, Hector and my late older brother, Hyrum Joseph. Each of our names has its origin and story. Mine was from Lynn Holly Johnson, the main actress from the movie “Ice Castles”. I got to see the movie, I even bought a DVD, since its’ my mom’s favorite especially the theme song, “Looking through the Eyes of Love”.


Now, with Eric and I, I usually name pets. Our first dog, I named her July, since we bought him on the month of July and it's my birth month. The puppies that we had, I named them, “Mayo” and “Pattie” because of their colors, aside from the fact that I love burgers. Naming pets is far different from naming your own babies… Eric named our first baby, Mikee, named after his late father, Miguel – Mike who passed away due to colon cancer.

I barely can’t wait for Eric to decide on what name should we give our child. But as my doctor predicted, according to the portable ultrasound, that we are having a baby girl and just to be 100% sure, I will be having my next appointment next Wednesday. Knowing that it might be a girl, I was thinking of, “Hermia”.  Two names? Maybe, Hermia Elise. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment